“In the real estate business, past success stories are generally not applicable to new situations. We must continually reinvent ourselves, responding to changing times with innovative new business models.”
~ Minoru Mori
From Buyer and Tenant representation to Owner and Landlord representation, The Foundation Group works with its clients in a goal oriented manner. The Foundation Group works as a team to customize a marketing approach and a strategy best suited to acheive the client’s goals.
Our experience makes the difference.
There are a limited number of Buyers for every property offered for sale. That limited number of Buyers becomes even more limited as the price of the property approaches the high end of what is considered “the market”.
For more than 25 years, The Foundation Group has demonstrated that it can seek out this very limited investor population and maximize the Seller’s net proceeds, provided it has the cooperation of the Seller in formulating a controlled promotional marketing effort.
The quantity and quality of the exposure a property receives in the market will have a direct impact on an owner’s ability to maximize the net proceeds from a sale. The Foundation Group maximizes the property exposure through:
- The largest and most experienced team of professional agents in the region. We are able to access more qualified Buyers directly and through other marketing alternatives than a Seller.
- One of the most advanced and complete lists of qualified Buyers in the industry, which can be rapidly accessed according to property type, size and investment characteristics.
- Exclusively listed properties receive sophisticated, computer generated packages, designed to accurately and promotionally represent the property and its operational investment characteristics. Electronic packages are available for listing on the web or delivery to clients with e-mail capabilities.
- Detailed and precise marketing plans, which include the generation of an appropriate level of competition between qualified Buyers. The Seller’s position is strengthened throughout the negotiation, due diligence and closing processes of a transaction when Buyers are aware they are operating in a competitive atmosphere.
The quality and use of information.
The deliverability and use of quality information, strengthening the negotiating position of the Seller as well as maximizing the strengths of the property and the market. This time-tested process minimizes the concerns a Buyer could have with the property and reduces the Buyer’s perception of risk.
Professional and informed transactional experience.
The process of marketing, negotiating and closing the sale of investment real estate property involves a sophisticated series of steps, which provide a continuous opportunity for a Buyer to renegotiate, and as a result, reduce the Seller’s ultimate net proceeds. A key to The Foundation Group’s ability to effectively represent Sellers is our strong transactional experience, which we have developed over our 25 years of experience.
Our knowledge and experience includes:
- Pricing the property at an optimal level. Our experience has shown that pricing a property “too high” for the marketplace can be just as “expensive” as pricing the property “too low.” Over pricing reduces the number of qualified Buyers actively pursuing the property and encourages low-ball offers.
- Qualifying Buyers early in the marketing process. Our qualification of a Buyer includes determining the source of the Buyer’s down payment, ability to qualify for financing, and general reputation and business style.
- The writing of strong and effective contracts, protecting the interests of all parties to the transaction, and providing a timeline with reasonable deadlines for each step of the sales process.
- Obtaining cash deposits whenever possible to take the property “off the market”.
- Establishing short timeframes for the Buyer’s removal of due diligence and financing options.
- Actively monitoring the financing process including underwriting, application, commitments, and obtaining the lenders final approval and funding.
- Whenever possible, obtaining non-refundable or pass-through deposits upon removal of all contingencies to guarantee the performance of the Buyer.
- Proactively managing each aspect of the closing process to insure that issues are quickly resolved and are not used as the basis for unreasonable negotiations.
A new way of doing business.
Many real estate investors are not aware of the fact that there are two main types of real estate research and representation: buy-side and sell-side. In a nutshell, agents who work for investors produce buy-side research.
Agents working exclusively for Sellers, on the other hand, typically produce sell-side research. Because the aims of Buyer’s are different from those of Sellers. The type of research that an investor receives should be buy-side research. Intuitively, you may think that both sets of analysis would be similar, but this seemingly logical conclusion is not necessarily an accurate one.
A Buyer’s primary aim is to successfully manage their real estate to meet their financial objectives. Buy-side research focuses on which properties will meet the investment objectives of their clients. Buy-side research is helpful to investors because it identifies properties with long-term appreciation potential as well as identifying properties that may not perform as well over time. Specific expertise is used in the forecasting and underwriting of future cash flows and expenses. The research is generally independent and free from bias that might be caused trying to meet the needs of different client types.
The aims of most brokerage firms are sometimes compromised because they try to serve two different client bases with the same set of financial research, even though there may be conflicting interest.